Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Square Peg


Wowza -- I'm having quite the week of self doubt.

One thing that you need to know about me is that I'm very comfortable in being that square peg. The one that doesn't quite fit in that round hole. Yeah, the "outsider" mantle is something I tried on during our many cross country moves during middle school and it just became a way I could really be ME.

And then I'll forget and I'll move along in different groups and then I'll be surprised all over again when I don't quite fit in the tricky crowd mindset.

I am very, very lucky to have some incredible people that know the true me and for that I am eternally grateful. I hope I give them the same haven to be themselves too.

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. ~ Mark Twain

0 comments:

Post a Comment