Sunday, June 20, 2010

Visions of ...


My life now is almost as I’ve imagined it in the past. Being the mother of a spunky girl and traveling the world is this future vision I had in my early 20's. But in my fantasy we live in Venice or Dublin or some other European city . And I’m taking pictures or filming for National Geographic. That’s pretty much it. Oh yeah, we hang out with writers, musicians and artists.

There was a Mister in the vision but nothing specific beyond what Geetar Dad is to me - the complete package of what makes me happy. Smart, funny, balanced, creative and passionate. And the epilogue to this past fantasy -- we will still travel the world as a family. My kids have become some of the writers, musicians and artists in my life and my photos still capture wild animals and colorful images as the kids make their way through the days adventures.

One day I'll figure out what my next career move will be. But for now being the Mama Sillyhead is pretty damn happening.

photo from National Geographic Expeditions

0 comments:

Post a Comment