Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to reality ...

The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder. ~Ralph W. Sockman

Today was our first day back in the rhythm of the school year. Super A. had her very first day of Kindergarten today. Now, I'm not one of those moms that is a weepy mess about it. I've been super excited for her all summer. I so vividly remember Kindergarten. It's just such a sensational thing as a parent to watch your child experience.

She excitedly dressed herself and went down to the playroom this morning. She stayed in there for quite some time before emerging for breakfast. I asked her what she was doing and she replied, "I was building a roomful of train tracks for Emmett to play with so he won't be too sad today". Cue the tears!

Wow, I was so proud of her thinking of her brother. Because he does suffer her absence with such a sad demeanor. "Where is Sissy?", he would ask all day during summer camp.

Later on as she fussed and fussed about her headband and bracelets and I attempted to rush her, she sighed and said, "Mom, you only ever get one first day of Kindergarten". Wow. It's so true too.

So-oooo, first half-day of school under our belt. A fantastic day. My only worry? Ten pages of artwork produced in a few short hours. I have to get a better handle on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment