Thursday, August 5, 2010

I've got my eye on you, MISTER!


Alright Ken, I've let you in the house .... what now?

I know you've got those plastic-y good looks and now you're sporting some royal regalia of velour tunic and satin pantaloons with knee high pleather boots. My very first Ken doll looked more like a cast member from Ron Burgandy's anchorman team (complete with paste on facial hair).

But seriously, Ken -- you came in a consignment sale bag full of Barbie fairies and princesses. I really wasn't ready for you to be here in the house. Because sure enough, you got naked right away. Luckily that anatomy lesson had already been established during the first bath time Super A. had with her baby brother. Just lay off on anything else with the gaggle of blondes, brunettes and redheads that live in the same bin with you. Keep it G-rated and I may even get you a little buddy so you can trade off velvet pantaloons. Or maybe you would prefer a stick on beard and a lovely plaid blazer.


1973 Ken doll

0 comments:

Post a Comment